Sunday, July 28, 2013

Cheddar Potatoes - Grilled Style

I grill ALOT living here in Florida.  The weather is almost laways favorable to cook my food over the hot coals of the grill.  Ok, so maybe not hot coals.  I have a gas grill.

If meat is going on the grill, I try to add my sides as well.   Potatoes are super easy to prepare and put on the grill.  And they cook relatively quickly too.


My picture doesn't do this tasty side justice, but believe me, they are delicious!
So, Here's what you do:



Cube a couple of potatoes and place in mixing bowl.  I think there are about 4 here.
Add about 1/2 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese and salt to taste, about a teaspoon and a half.
And Mix it all up.  If you think it's too dry, add more sour cream.  Like it more cheesy?  Toss in more!

Now it goes into a foil pouch.  I always make mine since I always have foil on hand.  But I know Reynolds makes pre-made foil pouches that are awesomely easy to fill and  use.



This is the point when I turn the grill on.  The foil pouch is placed on the top vegetable / bun rack.  (You know, that 1/4 size rack above the main one).   I let the potatoes cook while the grill heats up.  They finish cooking as the meat cooks, so total cooking time is only about 30 minutes.

Thanks for stopping by and Enjoy! 

No comments: